1. Planning and then building a custom home and developing house plans is a complex undertaking, which may fulfill the dream of a lifetime. An optimal design should meet the client’s needs and expectations in a way that produces a beautiful and comfortable home design, as well as one that is efficient, and within the budget. Since the house design happens in several steps, the client needs to be introduced to those phases including the common services of design and the process of design and construction. Completing these phases ensures an optimal and successfully built project and determines how you will use the spaces inside and outside your home, how many floors you would like, your lot, where it is located, the size of your lot, any trees or structures you want to keep, any type of restrictions you may know about, what type of vistas you may have and the placement of the house on the lot. Furthermore, items that would be helpful for this process are: Boundary Survey, Topographical Survey, Geotechnical and Soil Report, required setbacks and height restrictions for the lot.
2. The project starts with a Schematic Design. The goal here is to organize ideas, collect the facts and do initial drawings that fall within expectations. The outcome would be the Schematic Design by generating a Design Program. The Design is a list of measurements and spaces that integrate several initial parameters, such as the square footage, size of rooms and living or office space. In our designs we emphasize the optimal and functional aspects of interaction between spaces that will be the foundation of the design. We will also begin the research of the local zoning and codes to determine applicable specific zoning and environmental restrictions. Based on the Schematic Design and Code Review we will prepare initial design sketches, floor plans layouts, and exterior elevations. The goal of this phase is to have a complete understanding of the client's expectations and project code requirements. To make sure that we present our ideas to a client, we use presentation methods such as photomontages, 3D renderings, freehand drawings, or models.
3. The preliminary drawings generated during the Schematic Design process will get more detailed and developed into a complete set of CAD-based large format drawings. All of the major design decisions for the project will be done during this phase of Design Development, provided that a sufficient consultation with the client allows to proceed. Any additional suggestions are reviewed and discussed. Changes done in this phase may fit the existing budget, or an additional fee required Building materials and types of finishes will be selected. This would be followed by the review of the Code Analysis in order to verify that the project complies with all local, or county governing agencies. When this phase is complete, the project, or the house plans will be fully developed and ready for the client's approval. At this stage the agreement consists to approve the Design Development package and authorize a designer to begin preparing the Construction Documents Set. stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.
4. Construction Documents Set consists of the design fully developed and includes the technical information, construction notes, dimensions, schedules, and final detailing. This is to ensure that the Construction Documents completed will become the legal design grounds for which the general contractor will prepare his bid, build the house, construct the addition, or proceed with remodeling. At this phase, we will also prepare the Applications for the Planning and Building Departments and combine them with the completed Construction Documents Set. Both are needed for the submittal process to the governing agencies for review, comments, or possible revisions. Many years of practical experience with these agencies and house plans have allowed us to move the projects through a submittal process within the required timeline.
5. With the Construction Documents Set complete, attention is focused on selecting a General Contractor that has the ability, power, and personality to not only make your project a reality, but to do it within your budget. Vast experience in new construction and remodels has allowed us to develop a bullet proof list of local General Contractors that are invited to bid our projects. The Bidding Phase allows the client access to these contractors as well as our Microsoft Excel analysis of the bids, which makes this complex phase comprehensible. We will be present at all of the contractor interviews to assist you as necessary in making a selection. Once the General Contractor is selected the project team is now complete.
6. After the process of design, modifications, and revisions, this is the final phase as well as the most important. It is where the client, the designers, and the General Contractor, working cooperatively, merged their efforts into one final product. Working closely with the General Contractor, we help to resolve any unexpected issues that may arise through scheduled meetings and constant exchange of ideas. Our job is to make sure your project is constructed in compliance, on schedule and within budget. When the project is close to completion, we will perform a walk through with the team and prepare a List of items that need modification. Our service ensures our client, whether local or distant, that the dream project will be a complete success. Our job is not complete until our client is completely satisfied.